The Co-op chooses Little Valley beers to enter stores this September
Little Valley Brewery has announced that two of its beers have entered Co-opstores this month. Tod’s Blonde and Withens Pale Ale will be available in stores across Yorkshire as part of The Co-operative Food’s Local Supplier initiative, which will see the retailer stock 130 new products from suppliers across the county.
- Little Valley’s Withen’s Pale Ale (ABV 3.9%) – which mixes hints of spice, orange and citrus, giving a delicious dry bitter finish – will sit alongside the Tod’s Blonde (ABV 5.0%), a bright yellow blonde ale with a pleasant malty taste and a smooth bitter finish.
- Both bottle conditioned beers will be available in 500ml bottles, with both beers available for £2.19.
- Based in Hebden Bridge, all of Little Valley’s beers are brewed with 100% organic agricultural ingredients and the brewery is approved by both the Soil Association and the Vegan Society.
- The move onto Co-op’s shelves comes as part of the retailer’s local sourcing initiative, which is being piloted in Yorkshire with plans to be rolled out across the country within the next 12 months.
- The Co-op has signed up more than 50 local manufacturers and micro producers to provide its stores across Yorkshire with a wide range of locally produced items including eggs, sweets, sausages and of course, beer.
- For more information about Little Valley Brewery visit www.littlevalleybrewery or follow Little Valley on Twitter at twitter.com/LittleValleyAle.