Messe Berlin and Fruchthandel Magazine have announced today the ten nominations for the “FRUIT LOGISTICA Innovation Award 2013”. The FLIA jury, comprising experts from production, quality management, wholesale distribution and retail, as well as from the packaging and service sectors, has nominated the following candidates for the FLIA 2013:
- 5 am Tag e.V. Servicebüro, Germany: “Frische ist Leben” – a three year, internationally-based campaign supported by the EU for the generic promotion of the consumption of fresh fruit and vegetables in Germany under the headline “Fresh is Life”
- Abracad Technoworks BV, Netherlands: “High speed counting and packing device” – a fast and flexible feeding system which packs small bags into cartons
- Banken Champignons BV, Netherlands: “Mushrooms to combine” – Four different fresh mushroom mixes with recipes for the consumer
- Behr AG, Germany: “Schwarzwurzeln/Steckrüben – küchenfertig geschält” – An attractive and convenient presentation of ready to cook black salsify and turnips
- Ben-Dor Fruits and Nurseries Ltd., Israel: “Colored Apricots” – A colourful range of new, sweet and juicy apricots with different skin and flesh colourings
- Elbe-Obst Fruchtverarbeitung mbH, Germany: “Apfel-Schiffchen®” – Cut dried apple slices produced using a special new technique to maintain crispness and avoid browning
- GreenWatt SA, Belgium: “On-site biogas plant turning organic waste into energy” – Small-scale, cost-saving installations suitable for locations such as wholesalemarkets, packhouses etc.
- Sofruileg, France: “Nergi” – A sweet tasting berry fruit derived from the kiwi with green flesh and a smooth, thin edible skin
- Staay Food Group, Netherlands: “City-Farming” – A production concept for urban locations using LED lighting to grow seedlings in 35 days under safe, controlled conditions
- Tozer Seeds Ltd, UK: “Flower SproutTM” – A new, small vegetable with attractive, green and purple frilly leaves, a cross between Brussel sprouts and kale
The annual FRUIT LOGISTICA Innovation Award is presented for outstanding innovation in the fresh produce sector and its service industries by Messe Berlin and Fruchthandel Magazine. In recent years it has become the most important award of its kind in the international fresh produce industry and attracts worldwide interest from trade and consumer media alike.
The ten best innovations nominated for the FLIA 2013 by an expert jury, will be presented to more than 55,000 visitors from 130 countries in a special exhibition area at FRUIT LOGISTICA 2013 in Berlin (6 – 8 February). During the first two days of the exhibition, visitors will be able to vote for the best innovation of the year. The FLIA 2013 will be awarded to the winning product at a special prize giving ceremony at FRUIT LOGISTICA on Friday, 8 February.