In a survey conducted by discount supermarket Aldi, 60 per cent of the participants revealed that they would not reuse anything from Christmas last year. According to a survey by Aldi, nearly 50 per cent of consumers said that the amount of social media boasts across Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram have increased pressure for them to wow their own guests with surprising and photogenic flourishes. Photos of flawless looking food from friends and family add fuel to the need to out-do and in fact, 90 per cent of those feeling the pressure will spend more time on creating striking tables full of exquisite food and drink this year. Aldi is helping the nation with a range of high quality showstoppers that will boost discerning ‘host boasters’ without breaking the bank.
The discount supermarket is offering a range of exceptional Christmas products for amazingly low prices to help consumers rise to the challenge. Whether it’s Specially Selected Exquisite Hand Finished, Free Range, Rumburgh Farm Bronze Turkey or the award winning Specially Selected Exquisite Prosecco Panettone – there is a range of products to make even the most hard-to-impress foodies swoon.
Products also include:
- Specially Selected Fresh British Whole Goose – great price instore from 19th December. 1 in 10 people surveyed said they would be serving goose as an alternative to turkey this year.
- Aldi’s Specially Selected Vegetarian Roast and Specially Selected Mushroom, Brie and Cranberry Wellington – £2.99, 400g will be available in Aldi stores nationwide from 22nd November. With new research suggesting that 20 per cent of 18 to 30 year olds are meat-free and with each generation more veggie than the last, it’s likely to be a very popular choice this year.
- Specially Selected Exquisite Jewelled Layered Pie – £14.99,1.75kg. Aldi’s Specially Selected Exquisite Jewelled Layered Pie, is made with the finest cuts of outdoor bred British pork, chicken breast and pate. It is hand topped with juicy glazed cherries, dates, figs and apricots before being finished with a decorative golden sparkle.
- Specially Selected Rouzaire Brie with Truffle – £4.99, 310g – available in stores from 12th December
- Specially Selected Exquisite British Charcuterie – £2.79, 60/70g – available in stores from 10thDecember
- Specially Selected Exquisite Vintage Pudding – £9.99, 907g – available in stores from 13th November. There are no signs of the UK’s love for Christmas pudding going stale – according to research by Aldi, 80 per cent of the nation will be buying a Christmas pudding this year…
…However, for the 20% of people who said they won’t be buying a Christmas pudding, Aldi’s Specially Selected Exquisite Yule Log Cake – £9.99, 1.42kg will be available in stores from 8th December
Veuve Monsigny Champagne Brut – great price, in-store now. A bestseller and highly acclaimed award-winner from the small, consistently excellent Champagne house Philizot & Fils
As gin enjoys a renaissance in the UK – sales broke the £1bn mark for the first time in 2015, up 25% since 2012 – Aldi anticipates high demand for the spirit and has responded with a collection of four premium gins to sit alongside its core range. ‘Old Tom’ style Gin Lane 1751 (£19.99), and Topaz Blue Premium Gin (£13.99), comparable to Bombay Sapphire which comes in at nearly double the price***. Shoppers can also bag a 29 per cent saving*** on consumer favourite Gin Mare (£27.99) when shopping at Aldi over Waitrose
Aldi’s Ducastaing 1975 Armagnac (£24.99), a carefully distilled Armagnac with a distinctive note of white flowers, dried plums and cooked orange. The bottle is comparable to a 1975 Delford Freres Bas Armagnac which is priced at £89.97, presenting Aldi shoppers with a 72% saving**. Further gems include Chevalier 1989 Grande Champagne Cognac, a steal at just £29.99, Glen Marnoch 28 Year Old Single Malt Whisky – £39.99 and a Saint Germont Premium French Vodka at £15.99