Schneider Electric Lighting Offering Goes Mobile with Launch of Thorsman Handheld LED Site Light range
London, UK – September 1st, 2015 – Schneider Electric, the global specialist in energy management, today announced the launch of its Thorsman Handheld LED Site Light torch range. The portable torch, which uses the latest Chips on Board (COB) technology, marks an evolution of the existing Goliath range, providing a powerful and uniform illumination on the go.
The new LED Site Lighting range allows users to create a comfortable and safe work environment through the use of this hand held torch, which boasts high lumen output and extremely long lifetime allowing electricians and workmen to ensure that they are working in an ideally lit location. The Thorsman Handheld charging system offers additional convenience as it can be charged by USB in a van or car as well as a traditional power point, enabling a more mobile workforce.
Work environments for electricians can be confined, dark and potentially dangerous, working in cramped spaces with poor lighting can be a real safety hazard. However, the handy pocket size means that the Thorsman Handheld is the perfect companion for electricians, workmen and DIY enthusiasts alike. Furthermore, the Thorsman Handheld is equipped with a turnable hook and a strong built-in magnet, which allows the lamp to be placed anywhere.
Building on the success of the Schneider Electric Goliath range, the Thorsman Handheld caters for the entire market, with benefits including:
- Powerful illumination (1.3W LED ≈ 10W halogen) meaning working in poor lighting is a thing of the past
- Flexible: Ergonomic grip and 2-step operating option (55 or 110 lumen). The handheld lamp head tilts up to 180 degrees, allowing users to place the light in the optimum position
- Durability and Charging Infrastructure: Lifetime of the LED is 50,000 hours = 25-30 years. The lamp is rechargeable in 2½ hours with a USB cable or a 230V battery charger which increases mobility allowing the user to charge on the move
- Long operation time: 2.5 hours or 5 hours in low power mode resulting in increased usage time
- Design: EU design patent, pocket size, slim and super light (112g) which lets the user take this handy torch with them wherever they go
Semih Karaca at Schneider Electric commented: “At Schneider Electric, we believe in a better, safer, more comfortable working environment. The Thorsman Handheld range is a flexible, robust lighting solution that delivers just that. It’s powerful enough to light up a dark space but portable enough to carry everywhere and charge on the go.”
The new range of Thorsman LED worklights have been designed and extended to offer more features and to bring a range which covers most applications.The Schneider Electric LED Site Light range also includes the unique and powerful 25W Thorsman LED Site Light and the 18/30/50W Thorsman LED Site Light. Benefits include:
25W Thorsman LED Site Light – a professional, robust and flexible work light:
- 6,000 K = high CRI* (Ra>80) – which means lighting is close to daylight for optimum colour recognition
- Super durability , to withstand wear, pressure and damage
- Technical lifetime of the LED is 50,000 hours offering increased reliability
- Unbreakable, sturdy and waterproof so the light can be used in all work environments COB* LED technology provides a unique, uniform and completely even illumination
*Chips on board
- The Thorsman 25 LED has been designed to meet rough,wet and dirty conditions of the professional working environment.
18/30/50W Thorsman LED Site Light – a strong and durable work light:
- Newest state-of-the-art LED technology with uniform and completely even illumination
- Bracket allows the lamps to stand upright on any surface allowing for the light to be used in a range of different environments
- Temperature resistance: -25°C to 40°C
- Robust and resistant with a rubber coated shock absorbing frame indoor and outdoor use
The Thorsman range is now available in the wholesale channel throughout the UK. To learn more about Thorsman Handheld and all of the other products in this range, customers can contact their local Schneider Electric representative or visit www.schneider-electric.com/uk