The demand for freefrom products continues to grow. Sainsbury’s has launched gluten free bread to its in store bakeries – the only supermarket to offer gluten free bread that has been freshly baked in store. In 2014, Kantar Worldpanel estimated the size of the retail UK FreeFrom market at around £355m GBP and that 25% of the UK population was now including free from products in their weekly shop a growth on previous years.
In a first to market move, the retailer will now be providing six varieties of gluten-free bread at 188 of its in store bakeries. Existing Freefrom bread products – which sit under the pre-packed Deliciously Freefrom range – also launched recently and have performed strongly with customers. This new move to freshly baked gluten free bread addresses the increasing demand from customers seeking to avoid gluten and wheat allergens, whether for dietary or lifestyle reasons.
New in store bakery gluten free bread varieties, available in 188 stores, include:
- 7806727 JS Gluten Free White Farmhouse Loaf 400g £2.30
- 7806733 JS Gluten Free Seeded Farmhouse Loaf 400g £2.30
- 7806737 JS Gluten Free Seeded Rolls 2 pack £1.50
- 7806741 JS Gluten Free Seeded Baton £1.50
- 7806746 JS Gluten Free White Baton £1.50
- 7806750 JS Gluten Free White rolls 2 pack £1.50