Representatives from the fields of business, research and politics discuss the food production of tomorrow
The German Institute for Food Technologies (DIL) is organising the international forum for the third time
For the first time, Anuga is the setting for the ifood 2015 – Innovation Food Conference. Every two years, the German Institute for Food Technologies (DIL) organises this international dialogue platform. This year, representatives from the fields of business, research and politics will discuss the theme food production and world nutrition of tomorrow on 12 and 13 October 2015. At Anuga, the world’s biggest trade fair for food and beverages, around 6,800 exhibitors from around 100 countries will be meeting up with around 155,000 trade visitors from approx. 190 countries from 10 to 14 October 2015.
Four key topics will dominate the course of the ifood conference:
* Industry 4.0 – The Internet of Things
* Consumer trends – the driving force
* New foods – technological innovations
* Converging industries – borderless exchange
The ranks of the high-profile speakers include among others,
* Prof. Michael Hüther – Director, German Institute for Economic Research, Cologne
* Hanni Rützler – nutritionist, health psychologist trend researcher, futurefoodstudio
* Enrico Krien – Senior Business Consultant, Nielsen Germany
* Dr. Christian Janze – Partner, Ernst & Young, Director of the German Agribusiness Initiative
* John David Roeg – Senior Analyst Consumer Foods Rabobank Food & Agribusiness Research and Advisory (FAR)
* Olaf Lies – Minister of Economic Affairs, Labour and Transport for Lower Saxony
* Prof. Jannik H. Schmidt – CEO, 2.-0 LCA consultants
The conference will be held in English and will take place in the Rheinsaal, Congress Centre North at Koelnmesse.
For further information, an overview of the programme and to register: www.ifoodconference.com
Anuga is exclusively open to trade visitors from the retail and food service trades from Saturday, 10 October 2015 until Wednesday, 14 October 2015, from 10:00 a.m. until 6:00 p.m. on all days.
Note for editorial offices:
Anuga photos are available in our image database on the Internet at www.anuga.com in the “Press” section.
Press information is available at: www.anuga.com/pressinformation
If you reprint this document, please send us a sample copy.
Koelnmesse – Global Competence in Food: Koelnmesse is the leading trade fair organizer in the food industry and related sectors. Trade fairs such as the Anuga, the ISM and Anuga Food Tec are established world leaders. Koelnmesse not only organizes food trade fairs in Cologne, Germany, but also in further growth markets around the globe, in Brazil, in China, in India, in Japan, in Thailand, in Turkey and in the United Arab Emirates. These global activities enable us to offer our customers a network of events, which in turn grant access to different markets and thus create a basis for sustainable and stable international business.