The sixth ProSweets Cologne – the international supplier fair for the confectionery industry – will take place from 27th to 30th January 2013 in Cologne. The trade fair will once again present a wide range of products from the following areas: raw materials and other ingredients, confectionery packaging and packaging technology, machinery and equipment for the confectionery industry, food safety and quality management. Over 300 suppliers from 30 countries will offer companies from the manufacturing industry the opportunity to collect comprehensive information about new and improved production methods. What’s more, participants will also be able to take part in intense and informative sector-related discussions. ProSweets Cologne will take place in parallel with the International Sweets and Biscuits Fair (ISM) in the Cologne exhibition centre.
The machinery and equipment segment will once again be strongly represented. Larger stands and new participants will underscore ProSweets Cologne’s claim to be a centre of expertise in these areas. In addition to focusing on “Ingredients”, ProSweets Cologne will also feature a special area for “Packaging”. And as part of a new approach, supporting programme events will take place inside the trade fair hall. In this context, special locations will be set aside for presentations, talks and workshops. All trade fair participants will have access to these events. An exception will be the third ProSweets Cologne Conference on Ingredients, which will be held in the Congress Centre East. Here, entry will not be free of charge. The goal of the supporting programme is to encourage the sustainable sharing of information within the sector and to give momentum to new products and new approaches to production.
ProSweets Cologne has a strong international orientation when it comes to exhibitors and visitors alike. At the previous event, the fair registered around 17,000 trade visitors from 96 countries. The proportion of participants from abroad was around 60 per cent – both for visitors and exhibitors.
An overview of the products and their suppliers:
– Suppliers of machinery and equipment for manufacturing will include Aasted ApS, BSA Schneider Anlagentechnik GmbH, Bühler AG, Carle & Montanari OPM S.p.A., Drouven CLE GmbH, Royal Duyvis Wiener B.V., Haas Food Equipment GmbH, Hänsel Processing GmbH, Hosokawa Bepex GmbH, Knobel Maschinenbau AG, NETZSCH-Feinmahltechnik GmbH, Sollich KG and VEMAG Maschinenbau GmbH.
– Packaging machine suppliers will include ACMA S.p.a., Robert Bosch GmbH, Cavanna S.p.A., Fuji Packaging GmbH, Gerhard Schubert GmbH, Kallfass Verpackungsmaschinen GmbH, Loesch Verpackungstechnik GmbH and Theegarten-Pactec GmbH & Co. KG.
– Packaging and packaging material suppliers that have registered include ADV PAX Lutec Vertriebs GmbH, Crown Speciality Packaging Europe, ESBE Plastic GmbH, Heyne & Penke Verpackungen GmbH, Novacart S.p.A. and PAWI Verpackungen AG.
– Among the raw materials and ingredients suppliers registered to participate are Capol GmbH, Chr. Hansen GmbH, Denk Ingredients GmbH, esarom GmbH, GNT Europa GmbH, Kahl GmbH & Co. KG, NOREVO GmbH, Roha Europe S.L.U. and Stearinerie Dubois Fils.
– The secondary areas of refrigeration and air conditioning technology, food safety and quality management and operations and support facilities will represented by Hans Brunner GmbH, Heuft Systemtechnik GmbH, Hildebrand Industry AG, Johnson Controls Systems & Services GmbH and Mafo Cleaning Equipment BV.
– The more than 70 companies that have registered to participate in ProSweets Cologne for the first time include Akras Flavours GmbH, HBTS Srl Murtfeldt Kunststoffe GmbH & Co. KG, Reepack Verpackungsmaschinen GmbH, Hammer GmbH – Faltschachtelwerk, Tam-Tas Makina San ve Tic A.S. and Wolf Verpackungsmaschinen GmbH.
The supporting programme for ProSweets Cologne 2013 will include the special show “Robotik Pack-Line”, the open ideas workshop Futurelab 2013, seminars about sensor technology presented by DLG, a variety of specialized talks and lectures covering topics such as the American confectionery market and the third ProSweets Cologne Conference on Ingredients. The Robotik Pack-Line will present a live impression of how robotic and automated technologies can be used to create a fully automated snack-packaging line. This event will be presented in cooperation with K-Robotix.
At Futurelab 2013, students of the Köln International School of Design will develop new packaging, displays and products. In the weeks leading up to the trade fair, ProSweets Cologne exhibitors and visitors can submit suggestions for themes to be used at Futurelab.
ProSweets Cologne will take place from Sunday, 27th to Wednesday, 30th January 2013 in Hall 10.1 of the Koelnmesse.
Information about the supporting programme, the easy-to-use exhibitor search (which features a number of search refinement options), the matchmaking program and the hall plan are all available on the ProSweets Cologne homepage at www.prosweets-cologne.com. Starting on the 23rd January 2013 it will also be possible to download the “Mobile Exhibition Guide” app for Blackberry, Windows mobile and Java smartphones.