The competition in the buyer side segment continues to fasten, retail organisations across the region are changing strategies in order to come to the front. Now, it is Morrisons turn and it unveils a new plan steady growth with a combination of 12 pledges to boost its system and to accelerate relationship with the suppliers. The company released the new list of commitments during its annual supplier conference. According to a press statement, the commercial Director of Morrisons, Darren Blackhurst told that the buyers should also listen, show mutual respect and to act with honesty and integrity. The 12 commitments which titled “The way We Work with Suppliers “are as follows:
- Customers first, always.
- We are always looking for ways to innovate and improve our business so that we a serve our customers better.
- We value innovative suppliers.
- We listen and take time to understand each other’s business and the challenges we face.
- Mutual respect every time.
- We are professionals and straight in our approach and will act with honesty and integrity.
- We are fair and justifiable with our requests and in our dealings.
- All our agreements are simple and we agree them in time and intact.
- Everything is subjected to documentation and is optimistic.
- We focus on mutual growth (volume & sales) that will enable us to re-invest and to drive into future.
- We value and build long-term relationships with key suppliers (at all levels)
- We do what we say, with reasonable transparency and justifiable notice.
- We deal with all suppliers in the same manner irrespective of the volume and strive for simple ways of working.
The above initiatives were composed by the organisation in efforts to improve its relationship with suppliers, and to boost the sales growth. The above commitments will put the company to pay on time and to work hard to resolve the disputes quickly.