Alexandre Bompard, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Carrefour group, announces the appointment of a Group Executive Committee. The new management team comprises managers from the Group and individuals from other horizons bringing complementary expertise. The setting up of this team is an important milestone which will enable an improved management of the Group. The first task of this new team will be to define and implement the Group’s transformation plan.
In order to improve coordination, some functions will be common to both the Group and France: “Customers, Services and Digital Transformation”, “Human Resources” and “Communications”.
The new Group Executive Committee comprises 14 members and rallies around Alexandre Bompard:
5 members responsible for geographic zones:
- Pascal Clouzard is appointed Executive Director France;
- Guillaume de Colonges is appointed Executive Director Northern and Eastern Europe (Belgium, Poland and Romania). He will be directly in charge of operations for Carrefour Belgium;
- Thierry Garnier is appointed Executive Director Asia (China and Taiwan). He will be directly in charge of operations for Carrefour China;
- Noël Prioux is appointed Executive Director Latin America (Brazil and Argentina). He will be directly in charge of operations for Grupo Carrefour Brasil; and
- Eric Uzan is appointed Executive Director Southern Europe (Spain and Italy). He will be directly in charge of operations for Carrefour Spain.
3 members responsible for group functions:
- Marie Cheval joins the Group and is appointed Executive Director Customers, Services and Digital Transformation. She will notably be in charge, for the Group and France, of the digital transformation, customer marketing, e-commerce, data, financial services and merchant services;
- Jacques Ehrmann is appointed Executive Director Assets, International Development and Innovation. He is also Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Carmila; and
- Gérard Lavinay is appointed Executive Director Merchandise, Supply and Formats. He will notably be in charge of merchandise, private label, supply chain and formats.
5 members responsible for corporate functions:
- Pierre-Jean Sivignon, Chief Financial Officer;
- Laurent Vallée, General Secretary;
- Jérôme Nanty joins the Group and is appointed Executive Director Human Resources for the Group and France;
- Laurent Glépin joins the Group and is appointed Executive Director Communication for the Group and France; and
- Frédéric Haffner is appointed Executive Director Strategy and M&A.
The appointments will be effective from October 2nd, 2017