Hint: Buy Online, Pick Up In-Store was the Most Popular Option for Mobile Shoppers
Sears Holdings announced today that millions of customers took advantage of the convenience, ease and affordability of shopping online at Sears.com and Kmart.com to get and give holiday gifts this season. More than 50 million items were available in the endless aisles of online merchandise for gift buyers to find the perfect present, and Sears and Kmart provided a variety of simple and quick ways for customers to get their purchases.
“We are grateful to our Members and customers who chose to shop at Sears.com and Kmart.com this season. We are dedicated to giving them the value and convenience they want through a variety of integrated retail options in-store, online and via mobile device,” said Imran Jooma, executive vice president and president of Marketing & Online, Sears Holdings. “Convenience and speed through mobile shopping was more popular than ever among Sears and Kmart customers, with more than half of all mobile orders bought online, then picked up in store. Members also took advantage of SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards that provided extra perks and privileges this season at Sears and Kmart. In fact, more than half of Kmart and Sears business comes from SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members.”
In addition to broader business trends, the retailer also shared fun and relevant holiday shopping facts, coming out of the busiest shopping season.
Sears, Kmart and SHOP YOUR WAY Top Holiday Shopping Fun Facts
- More SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members shopped at Kmart and Sears than the number of people who tuned in to the final presidential debate.
- Sears.com and Kmart.com had more shoppers on Thanksgiving and Black Friday than the entire populations of New York City, Chicago and Philadelphia combined.
- Kmart.com sold enough pairs of socks this holiday to warm all the feet of football fans and players in the Superdome during the biggest game of the season in January and then some.
- If stacked on top of each other, the mattresses sold at Sears.com during the holiday would stand 2,000 feet taller than the highest ski lift in America – Atop Peak 8 at Breckenridge Ski Resort.
- Sears and Kmart sold enough work boots on Black Friday through mobile purchases to outfit the maintenance crews at both Chicago’s O’Hare and Midway airports on the busiest travel day of the year.
- Sears.com and Kmart.com sold enough slow cookers that if used simultaneously they could produce 921 gallons of chili in 3 hours ? enough to feed a bowl of chili to more than 15,000 football game tailgaters.
- If all the Craftsman Cordless Drills sold at Sears and Kmart were laid end-to-end, they would cross the Seven Mile Bridge twice.
- Through the generous donations of Sears customers and SHOP YOUR WAY Rewards Members, Sears raised enough money to make the holiday brighter for nearly 20,000 military families.
- Kmart, its customers and SHOP YOUR WAY Members raised enough money to operate St. Jude Children’s Hospital for an entire week ? it costs $1 million per day to operate the hospital.
Short URL: http://www.internationalsupermarketnews.com/?p=9319