CASINO-Inauguration of “Franprix takes to the Seine”
Franprix is the first food retailer to use the Seine to deliver to around 100 stores in the heart of Paris
- Hervé Montjotin, Managing Director, Transport Division, Norbert Dentressangle
- Jean-Charles Naouri, Chairman and CEO, Casino Group
- Alain Gest, Chairman of the Board of Directors, French Waterways
- Marc Papinutti, CEO, French Waterways
- Jean-François Dalaise, Chairman of the Board, Ports of Paris, Deputy Chairman of Terminaux de Seine
inaugurated, on Monday 1 October 2012, “Franprix takes to the Seine” in the presence of:
- Frédéric Cuvillier, Minister for Transport, the Sea and Fisheries
- Anne Hidalgo, First Deputy Mayor of Paris
- Jean-Paul Huchon, President of the Regional Council of Ile-de-France
- Christian Favier, Senator for Val-de-Marne, President of the General Council of Val-de-Marne
- Rachida Dati, Mayor of the 7th arrondissement of Paris, MEP
The Casino Group and the Franprix banner have committed to an innovative mode of delivery that marks a first in the food retail sector. Since late August 2012, Franprix has been delivering food products by river to around 100 stores in the heart of Paris and in Boulogne-Billancourt (Hauts-de-Seine).
This pioneering approach to sustainable logistics, carried out in partnership with the Norbert Dentressangle Group, Ports of Paris, French Waterways, Terminaux de Seine and the Ile de France region, is further proof of the environmental commitment of the Casino Group and Franprix.
Every day, 450 pallets of goods and 26 containers are transported along the 20 km stretch from Port Bonneuil-sur-Marne (Val-de-Marne) to Port de la Bourdonnais (Paris, 7th arrondissement).
Eventually, optimal barge loads will help to save, every year:
- 450 000 km in road journeys;
- 3,874 truck journeys;
- 37% of CO2 emissions
Short URL: http://www.internationalsupermarketnews.com/?p=7811