Nutella lovers unite for just one day
Grab your jars of chocolate-hazelnut spread and celebrate the 7th annual World Nutella Day on 5 February!
While it isn’t very often that we need an actual reason to eat Nutella, an American blogger living in Italy has provided us with an excuse to it eat it for an entire day, one day a year.
Sara Rosso had a dream. And a spoon. And with these two things she created World Nutella Day.
The adventure began seven years ago when Rosso, a digital strategist, writer and photographer, decided that, in order to encourage full appreciation of the decadent spread, the world needed a whole day dedicated to Nutella. Michelle Fabio, a freelance writer and editor, became her co-host in 2008 and things have only gone upwards and onwards from here.
It isn’t surprising that people around the world have embraced the holiday with open arms. The official Nutella Day website now boasts over 700 Nutella recipes sent in by loyal followers, and this is exactly why Rosso began the holiday. She hopes to inspire people worldwide to both enjoy and experiment with the versatile spread.
“Nutella Day has had a significant impact on the way Nutella is used in the world. Before World Nutella Day, using Nutella in recipes was practically unheard of. Through our extensive recipe list on NutellaDay.com, we’ve inspired people to experiment with Nutella and it’s become a tradition for many families to cook with it as well as just dip their spoons in the jar,” reveals Rosso in a press release for World Nutella Day 2013.
Keen to join the festivities? Rosso and Fabio recommend creating your own Nutella-inspired recipe, having a Nutella-eating contest or simply dipping into a jar with your spoon.
The co-hosts would love for you to photograph and/or video your exploits and blog about them on 5 February. Rosso and Fabio have received emails from fans around the world detailing their plans for celebrating this year’s World Nutella Day, with many planning real-time, live Nutella parties. For more information on how to participate, visit: www.nutelladay.com.
If you would prefer to celebrate quietly at home, here are 6 recipes and ideas that have Nutella as the star attraction:
- Lamingtons: These delicious lamingtons have an ingenious Nutella twist.
- Cheat’s mini choc-nut croissants: Treat your guests to these warm and crispy delights.
- Pear and nutella tart: Replace the chocolate ganache with Nutella in this indulgent and elegant tart.
- Nutella sauce: Use the Nutella sauce from the lamingtons recipe to dunk strawberries, marshmallows, chunks of cake and anything else your heart desires!
- Smores: Add a nutty flavour to this campfire classic by sandwiching a warm, freshly roasted marshmallow between two Tennis biscuits, each smeared with Nutella on one side.
- Nutella: Don’t forget that Nutella, spread on fresh bread or simply eaten out of the jar with a spoon, is an unrivalled treat for any time of the day.
Short URL: http://www.internationalsupermarketnews.com/?p=10017